Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Prime

Today San Diego Momma asks -

When is/was the prime of your life?

Noun 1. prime of life - the time of maturity when power and vigor are greatest.
adulthood, maturity - the period of time in your life after your physical growth has stopped and you are fully developed.  

In my school years I most definitely was not in my prime.  It wasn't awful, but I know it wasn't my prime.  In the first part of my 20s I was with this guy and in the latter part I was recovering from the death of my father.  In the first part of my 30s I was spinning my wheels with my husband's family and ex-wife (it's now crystal clear it wasn't about me) and in the latter part I was a first time mom.  All these very big events and not necessarily the easiest.

I am not sure my power and vigor are at their greatest.  However, I am sure that my heart and soul are at their strongest.  I feel as if my prime is just getting started.  I will turn 43 shortly and just within the last 6 months to a year have I had a feeling come over that is different than anything I remember.  I'm truly comfortable with who I am.

I tell Jake all the time -

"If you're comfortable with them they will be comfortable with you and if they aren't comfortable then just leave them alone." 

Maybe the lessons I try to teach my little one are actually sinking in with me.



3 comments:

  1. Your heart and soul are at their strongest, you have a very pretty blog, and you look like you're 25. You've got it going on!

    ReplyDelete