Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wasted

I wish that carried the same meaning today as it did when I was 19.

But as a mother and adult the term "wasted" no longer carries the same connotation.

Today was the second day my little angel child got himself in trouble at school.  I am being told that it's the regular boy stuff - not keeping his hands to himself, being rambunctious, wrestling his friends, etc.  Unfortunately, that's not the part that has us worried.  He is now starting to lie about it.

Lying is a hot button for me.  HOT.

Usually I can reason with someone I suspect is lying.  I can break it down, point things out and trip them up and this makes them think twice about lying to me, but doing it with a 6-year-old can be a downright waste of energy.  I suspect he is testing and has no idea how ridiculous he sounds because how in the heck are you supposed to reason with -

"Jake, the teacher told me you were swinging your jacket and hitting your friends. What do you think about that?"

"I think the teacher has a good imagination."

------------------------------

I'll bet it's all because of that substitute.


No comments:

Post a Comment