Friday, February 17, 2012

Cinderella

Jake's kindergarten teacher is the spitting image of Cinderella.  

You don't believe me?  This was her at the Halloween party. 

Remember the Halloween party I worked so hard to put together, but Jake missed because he got sick. 

I have been dropping my son off with Cinderella for 105 school days (I know this because we just celebrated the 100th day of school last Thursday). 


Today, it was someone different.  A substitute.

I came home and called my husband -

Me:  I just dropped Jake off at school and there was a substitute!"

Him:  And...?

Me:  A substitute!

Him:  Yeah, and...?

Me:  What if she loses Jake? What if Jake gets distracted and she doesn't know to look for him? What if he wanders off because you know today is PE and they go into the big yard?

Him:  -

Me:  Hello?

Him:  Yes? (patronizingly calm)

Me:  Why aren't you saying anything? (irritated due to above said calmness).

Him:  Because anything I say is not going to be the right thing to say so I'm just going to listen.

-------------------------------------------

I've always liked smart men.  He thinks I'm crazy a lot of fun too!



4 comments:

  1. A few days ago Holly called me:

    Holly: I have some bad news
    Me: Oh No (thinking "I doubt it")
    Holly: My favorite coffee place in La Grande Oregon closed
    Me: -
    Holly: You know, White House Coffee
    Me: Is this the only reason for this call?
    Holly: Yeah
    Me: Okay then. Talk with you later . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Men and women. We are so different aren't we?

      Delete
  2. Ha! Now THAT is a worry I can relate to. I would feel the exact same way. I'd be like, "Jack, do you feel a bit sick? Do you want to go back home with mommy? That sub look mean, doesn't she? Come on... I'll give you candy..." :)

    And Matt!! You goofster! That is so cute that she'd call you with that. Mark my words: if you ever get to the point in your marriage where you totally stop calling each other with those little tidbits from day-to-day life, you'll miss them. That whole conversation cracked me up, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most interesting thing about this was that she told me Thursday after school that she wouldn't be there. However, I didn't realize how it would make me feel to leave him with someone completely different until the moment it happened. It was unsettling and that's why I came home and called him. I needed someone to "talk me down off the ledge."

      Delete