Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cringe

I was over at Mommy Pie's today and she was talking about the words she cannot stand. I won't repeat them here so I can prevent this Free Emoticons For Your Blog. I wouldn't want her or anyone else with the same aversion to those certain words to have to read them or repeat them in their head.

While reading all about her word aversions I realized that I don't have a real aversion to any words except for c**t and n****r. Those are some gross words! They're kind of curse words, so they don't count. All other words, no problem at all. Sex, poop, body parts, bodily functions...no problem. Need a sex talk with your youngin? I'm your gal...totally not a problem. I think that stems from having to know everything about my own parent's sexual relationship due to the nature of my father's illness. When you have to hear and understand the dynamics of your parent's sexually activities, you can pretty much get past anything.

HOWEVER - What I do have is a HUGE aversion to those wooden spoons that come with ice cream cups or applesauce...BLEGH. I'm shuddering just typing that. Know which ones I'm talking about? It's like using a napkin to wipe your tongue...GROSS! It gives me the heebie jeebies. I can't even watch someone else using one. Unfortunately for me, my almost three-year-old is in that - trying different foods and if he doesn't like it he wipes his mouth out with a napkin - stage. Of course my reaction to this throws him into a fit of deep belly laughter and eggs him on to do it over and over. YE-UCK! Although I must admit the pure uninhibited laugh gets me over the heebie jeebies pretty quickly. How could it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment