
Write a story about this guy. Or a poem. Or a rumination. Give him some background, some context. And because I couldn’t leave well enough alone, I’ve provided this song snippet — one of my top 10s — to shadow the photo. I don’t know — the two seem to go together. Hopefully, one or the other will inspire you.
Hey God – You there? I need some help. I need 90 days before she lets me see the kids. It’s been 59 days and I know I am more than half way there, but today is harder and I don’t know why I’m struggling. I miss my wife, my kids, and my home. I can’t sleep, I can’t stop crying, and I really just want to go back to being ten again when things were so much easier. I know, I know…it's time to grow up, things change, and I got to get it together. I’m working on it, really I am, and I just need a little help. You think I should ask the blonde taking my picture what her name is? Maybe another day because for now I gotta walk the line.
Love this. I look at this guy's expression and can really imagine him saying this. Love the detail about the photographer, too - this is nice work!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is really good. I went 1st person too, but I like yours better. You went straight for the heart of him.
ReplyDeleteYou gave this piece a totally believable voice. I can completely see him thinking what you wrote.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had as much fun writing it as I did reading it.
xoxo,
The Blonde Taking His Picture