Wednesday, December 3, 2008

NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month.

So I have committed myself to 31 days of posting. Am I crazy!?! Think I can do it? Go ahead challenge me because that's really all I need is someone to say, "Yah...right...no chance" then it's all over. If no challenges are sent my way I am then left on my own, only to answer to myself, and have egg on my face in front of my millions of readers because I couldn't do it. I hope that is challenge enough. We'll see.

Interestingly, sometimes I lay in bed at night and think of a ton of things to post about, but then I get in front of the looming computer screen and go blank. Let's see if I can remember one...okay got one! - I was watching Friends last night, I love that show it makes me laugh almost every single time, and I got to thinking that just two out of the six are in a successful relationship. Isn't that sad? Two out of six! Are those the statistics were looking at for successful relationships? It's not only sad, but kinda yucky. It just isn't the same as it used to be is it? I envy the couples that clock 40 or 50 plus years together. I have been known to introduce myself to complete strangers just to ask them how long they have been together. I met one couple who were together for 52 years - 52 years! She was sitting in front of him at a doctor's office and he was resting his chin on her shoulder to look over at what she was reading. So fricken cute it was! While talking to them and watching them be playful with each other it choked me up because it was so pure, almost like they were on a honeymoon.

I pray I'm that lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, how about the holiday gift that you remember the most as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I think of something I would like to post,I make a note. I actually have a word document full of ideas - most of them bad. But it does sort of help to "prime the pump" so to speak.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete