Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Holiday Limerick

So Mrs. Sandiegomomma is cranky and she has bestowed upon us the duty of a holiday limerick. Uggh! She writes -

What I regret perpetuating upon your writerly person is this: For today’s PROMPTuesday, please compose a holiday limerick.

As you may or may not know, and probably could care less to have knowledge of, is that a limerick is a five-line poem, often obscene in nature (although Hickory Dickory Dock is considered limerick-esque. Unless like so many nursery rhymes, that one too has its roots in blood and sex). In a recent Wikipedia search, I turned up this example:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
In space that is quite economical,
But the good ones I’ve seen
So seldom are clean,
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.


So there you have it. We must write a holiday limerick for today's PrompTuesday. Oh...what to write...what to write....what to write...I'm gonna take a shower and think about it, I'll be back...

Okay, I'm back and here it is -

It is the season to feel Mary
Let’s not forget Beth, June, and Sherry
We’ll drink lots of beer
to celebrate the holiday cheer
and keep our eye out for the cherry


Obscene? Crass? Totally! I must admit that my hunny helped me out with the first line, leave it to a guy, right? Just so you know, the first one he came up with was REALLY obscene. I had to remind him a limerick was obscene not pornographic. Oy!

2 comments:

  1. HA! Now that's what I'm talking about!

    Perfect amount of crass and bawd.

    And sometimes it takes a man to get us started. It's all good! :)

    ReplyDelete