
My mom is pretty incredible. She has been through so much, yet still manages to keep a smile on her face with a bright outlook. My mother has been abandoned, molested, beaten, deceived, suffered the loss of her own little boy, and cared for a dying man, who most likely tried to take her down with him because he was so sick in the head. By the grace of God she is okay and never contracted HIV - that's another post for another time. With all that she still manages to say, "It could be worse." Can you believe that? Whenever I dissect her life, I shake my head in disbelief because I cannot believe she has endured so much and still manages to be truly happy.
One of the people that make her truly happy is that little guy she is hugging in the picture above. To him she is Grams. It brings me great joy to watch her with him. I was glad for a boy because I felt I could bring her the relationship she missed with her own boy. Now, she doesn't have the hard day to day duties, just all the good stuff of being Grams and she loves every second of it.
I love you mom.
I think you are so blessed to have such a wonderful role model and a healthy loving relationship with your mom.
ReplyDeleteI love that pic, too.