Monday, December 15, 2008

Traditional or E?

This weekend's family holiday party came with some gifts for the wee one. I find most people do not send thank you cards for the holiday, but do for birthdays. For holidays we usually reciprocate to the giver with a gift as well. However, this time it was a little different. Our children received gifts from a few older couples who we did not buy gifts for (we were informed to not get them anything). Even though we were told about the set up and to not get them a gift I still felt a bit awkward not having anything for them. So I thought about the following...

I took some pictures of the rugrat playing with the gifts he received. I found this great place to send E-cards with pictures. It's called Smilebox. You can either pay $2.99 a card or have the same card sent for free, but with a little advertising on the side bar. I am trying to convince myself that this is a good idea for the following reasons:

1) It is cost effective.
2) The recepient isn't stuck with a picture of a kid they see maybe once a year.
3) They get to see that the child actually played with the toy.
4) They receive a colorful animated holiday picture and note.

Answer me this readers...Traditional card with printed pictures or E-card with pictures? Please go to the side bar and cast your ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment