It would appear that I am fitting into the Christmas holiday just perfect because my nose looks just like Rudolph's nose.
It all started late Christmas afternoon when the rugrat's temperature spiked to 104.7! Can you say YUCK! I was very proud of myself because I didn't freak out and run him to the emergency room. I managed to lower his temperature myself with a cool bath, wash cloths, and Tylenol. The next day we saw the on call doctor and we got him on an antibiotic regimen. That evening the dreadful illness got a hold of me and laid me O-U-T! Then it hit hubby who actually called into work sick today, which is a pretty big deal for him because he never, never, calls into work sick. We are still not at 100% but it's getting better. Luckily it did not get our 11 year old and now he is with his mother and probably free and clear...knock on wood. [On another note, don't forget to remind me to tell you all about Christmas breakfast with my husband's ex wife and family. It was pretty cool and even ending with a hug!] So, needless to say this wave of illness was very, very yucky! This brings me to my next point and subject of my last post...
Why get a flu shot? You know, I never got flu shot until the rugrat came. His pediatrician freaked me and tapped into my neuroses telling me that anyone around the elderly or an infant should always get a flu shot because the flu could be deadly for them. So flu shot I got the last two years. However, after this bout of illness I will seriously contemplate not getting a flu shot next year because I don't remember the last time I was this sick. Today, I talked to my grandfather who said, "Take some brandy and hot water and you'll be fine in the morning." I laughed when he said it. He rebuffed my laughter with, "No, no, no it's true. Try it." You know what...it sounds tempting.
No comments:
Post a Comment