Do you see one of the books I'm currently reading over there? It's the The MOM Inventor Handbook. I love the entrepreneurial spirit. I embody it! I have a notebook where I write all sorts of ideas. I always say, "You never know. It just takes one idea and BAM!" That is the dreamer in me. It is always possible, okay sometimes not probable, but always possible. Yep...that's me! I wouldn't want to be famous or incredibly rich. I don't want much. I just want to pay off my house and be able to take a nice family vacation once a year.
This past weekend was pretty exciting for me! We were at a family holiday party. My husband's father's cousin is this guy. He also invented some sort of surgical stapling system. This guy is awesome! He is so inspiring and encouraging. I love talking with him. We talk about needs, turning into ideas, turning into inventions. I love hearing his story...How he walked into the office of the Vice President of Marketing for Johnson & Johnson with his dinosaur flossing tool and within five minutes she said, "How do we get this on the market?" So awesome!! To me that is what dreams are made of. He is always willing to hear what I have to say and keeps insisting that I forge ahead, it will come, and not to worry. Isn't that encouraging? He says, "Invention happens out of necessity" and that is so very much me. I am always imagining some sort of contraption to get done what needs to get done. Whether it's figuring out how to fix something in the front yard or baking, I'm always thinking something up. I chatted with him this weekend about some of this, that, and the other. He suggested we meet up after the first of the year and offered to make a trip to LA for a meeting.
I am incredibly and officially stoked!!
No comments:
Post a Comment